1999 - 2017
18 Years of the World Peace Flame
LETS CELEBRATE PEACE NATIONALLY!
July 31st is the official birthday of the World Peace flame. in 1999, 7 flames came together in form this one powerful light of peace. It is a flame with a difference, here to inspire hope, love and the strength of the human soul to rise above all adversity. To date it has touched the hearts of millions of people around the globe from all walks of life, reminding us that we are all connected and a part of this one global family.
- Why not do something special to celebrate peace on this day?
- Gather friends and family and go for a picnic and share a story on peace or something inspiring from the books 'Flame that Transforms', or 'The Secret Power of Light'
- Bring friends together in your home and share one of the peace practices from the World Peace Flame.
- Make a meal and gather friends and light the World Peace flame in the middle of your table, share time and laugh together. Remember how precious friends are.
- Sit quietly with the Flame and think of many others sitting and linking together to create a peaceful world.
- Feed the poor on this day and dedicate this act of kindness to your loved ones.
- Fast on this day (in a way you are comfortable) and dedicate this act to somewhere in the world that needs help such as Syria, Palastine—war torn areas of the world.
- Do an act of kindness on this day and enjoy making someone happy for no apparent reason!
Send us your story.